Creative parenting Course by Family Life Network Uganda
For Parents, Up-coming Parents, Child workers, Teachers or Guardians
Do the following questions and issues pose a challenge to you?
• How can I speak and my children listen?
• How do I control my temper and deal with my past baggage?
• When and how should we talk to our children about sexuality/sex issues?
• How can I show love to my children when I was not shown love myself?
• My teenager won’t listen to me; I suspect he is on drugs, what should I do?
• My family is breaking down what do I do?
• How can I bring up my child the best way in the middle of today’s
• How can I balance work and parenting?
The Creative Parenting Course [CPC] organized by Uganda National
Parents Network [UNPN], a program of Family Life Network, aims at
providing real answers to these and other questions that haunt parents
today. The CPC is designed to equip the participants with appropriate
parenting skills and guidelines on how to succeed in parenting in the
middle of today’s overwhelming challenges. It also provides up to date
information on best practices that will not only enhance parenting
practices, but will help them discover who they are, equip them to
deal with their “baggage from the past” and make them better all round
people in general.
Key topics handled in this course include:-
Value of Family Relationships, Self discovery, Overcoming Mindsets,
Parenting and Sexuality, Parenting and globalization, Social
Responsibility of a Parent, Parenting Babies in the womb, Parenting
Birth-Twelve Years, Parenting Teenagers, Alcohol, Drugs & Substance
Abuse, Step & Foster parenting, Parenting dialogue
Training Methods Short lectures, discussions and real life parenting
Dates 2nd,9th,16th,23rd,30th August, 6th,13th,20th,27th Sept, 4th,11th,18th
Venue Hotel Triangle Zebra Hall, on Buganda rd
Reservations Call 0414 268981/ 0784 369637/ 0712-492156
Certificate Will be given to successful participants in a passing out ceremony
Course Fee Ushs. 130,000/=
Organized by Organized by Uganda National Parents’ Network (UNPN)
A program of Family Life Network, Box 28614, Kampala
Tel: 0414 268981/ 0312 100062
What parents who have taken the
Creative Parenting Course say…
1. Creative Parenting Course has been an eye opener for me. It is just
what I needed at the time. With a busy schedule, I was a very
impatient parent which was certainly affecting my children. I have now
realized that whatever the case, my family comes first and I have
chosen not to be intimidated by the busy schedule and deadlines. For
the first time I looked forward to a Monday, expecting to learn
something new in the Parenting class. (Mother & Accountant)
2. The parenting course has improved my attitude and approach as a
parent. I used to be very tough when it comes to discipline and
academics and my son being a candidate had performed poorly in first
term, he got below average. So I quarreled and said a lot out of
frustration I told him to make sure he gets above average next term.
Then I joined the parenting class in June so this term when he got the
report he had worked just to get average and silence me so when he
came he simply gave me the report. But I didn’t complain I instead
appreciated and encouraged him, started waking him up to read and
right now our relationship has improved he has become so cooperative
and positive about life. (Mother & Teacher)
3. The Parenting course has made me realize that parenting is an
authentic ministry to be taken seriously. It is very rewarding when
godly citizens come out of responsible parenting (Mother & medical
4. I have learnt how to deal with so many issues especially family and
relationships. It has trained me how to relate better with my wife and
children to bring them up as responsible people in the society.
5. The Parenting course is a course that every parent needs to go
though. Very rich skills passed on and up to date information. It was
assuring for me as parent of university students. I have been able to
let go of my children in areas where I realized I have done my best.
6. The Creative Parenting Course has exposed the wrong things I have
done as a parent and I feel challenged particularly as my children are
grown. It has been an eye opener. (Mother)
7. The Parenting Course has helped me greatly in my family
relationships with spouse, children and relatives. It has opened both
my physical and spiritual eyes. (Father)
8. As a result of the Parenting Course am now keenly aware of why our
son is behaving the way he is and am able to respond to him
appropriately by being close to him and attending to his needs.
Your life, marriage and family will never be the same again after CPC